Translate

Monday, January 19, 2015

The Book of Mormon

Wow this is so weird, yesterday at church we talked about prayer in all our lessons, today I started reading the BOM a different way.  I got a paper back copy and in the front wrote down a question I have. Mine was how does prayer benefit us and what blessing can we receive?  So now as I read it from introduction to end, I am going to mark every single verse that talks about prayer or the blessings that come from it. I'm excited to see how much stuff gets marked. When I finish I will go back to the front and write the answer underneath the question. Then I have a book tailored to a specific questions.  
Do you remember my friend Dustin Sorenson? He emailed me and he just got his mission call as well to the Alps so he will be in Germany and Austria and stuff. I personally never thought he would serve a mission but I'm excited for him and Kelton as well. 
This week we had interviews with president and I went on exchange with Elder Gros from France. He's super french and he's hilarious!!! We taught a couple lessons this week and commited a family to baptism...but they are moving in 2 weeks so we wont be able to see them get baptized but its alright as long as they know the truth:) other than that its been a pretty basic week.
I actually finished D&C this week so I've read through the whole thing and my mind is full of dodge now... there is so much to be learned in there and in the pearl of great price. I did get my bike and it should last me for a very long time! its a very nice bike for the price i payed for it. The bike shop loves the missionaries so they always give us super good deals!!!! You're right this weather isn't good for bikes maybe you can talk to president and get me into a car? ;) haha wow its freezing here all the time it doesnt matter if the sun is out or not its cold.
We are going to Wollaton Hall today... aka Wayne manner.  That's right I'm going to the place where Batman lives, or where his house is filmed in the movies at least haha. Ill take pictures! hope you guys have an amazing week.
Love Elder Winder

No comments:

Post a Comment