Translate

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

General Conference Weekend




Conference is like the super bowl here everyone buzzes for it! My favorite speaker was Jorg Klebingot. Conference was awesome!!! Its weird watching conference on a mission you start to understand everything that everyone is talking about. Im gonna try and be that bold when I talk to people because holy cow he just tore into the entire world basically. He makes some really good points, we have to start taking responsibility for everything we do physically and spiritually. We have to do all we can to be the best that we can we cant make excuses. It was interesting when he talked about embracing obedience cause not only should we embrace it but we must do it voluntarily as well as with repenting daily. even for the small things. I consider myself a little too forgiving sometimes so I don't think I have a problem with that haha but trust me being a forgiving person is not easy at all. The last thing he talked about, accepting trials as a part of mortal life, is one of my favorite things that I realized at an early age. People here always say why is there so much bad in the world why do these things happen to people. Its so we learn to rely on God and turn to him through our struggles. Agh I love conference. random question. What would you do if a leader of the church said to take all you had and to go without it for a week. no electronics mainly. idk just a question.

 We have started to find a lot more this last week. we got some potentials but we haven't been able to go see them yet. its beginning to look a lot like winter here, its raining all the time and its FREEZING. its been good though, ive been having fun.

So conference was different. we went to Sat morning session in the afternoon on Saturday then we went to priesthood session in the morning the next day then we watched afternoon session of sat then we watched the morning session of Sunday and we don't get to watch the last session. It was so fun to watch conference in a different country. the people here treat it so differently. When I tell people I've been to the conference center they flip out and ask me all about it.

Also tell Wesley to write me I want to hear from him. I'm so mad I'm missing his wedding that was literally the only wedding I've been looking forward to my entire life :( if you go take tons and tons of videos for me and pictures and do what I would do. I loved seeing the videos its weird to see how different everyone looks after 2  months. Jordan actually looks a little taller and Jonathan looks like a tank as always. This week is gonna be good I can feel it!!!! love you guys talk to you soon. Christmas is in like 80 days :O

No comments:

Post a Comment