Translate

Monday, August 18, 2014

Eastwood England 1st Week Pics and Letter

 Elder Hall and I in our apartment.
Nice quiet place. (Not sure what it is of, we will have to ask him next week)

Here is what Jacob sent us:

"Well I've had the time of my life here. Its been great we've been able to meet with some recent converts and inactive members. Church was awesome but really really small like only 80-100 people. There is a Spanish family in the ward and they tried speaking Spanish to me but I don't know any Spanish.  When I told them that, they wondered why I was never taught.  Now I'm regretting taking German. But one of the Spanish members said he would teach me and my companion Spanish if we helped him with English. My companion is wayyyyy sick. His name is Elder Hall, he's from Layton Utah and he is super chill and funny, he played soccer on the Olympic development team in Utah so hes kinda good and I feel inferior to everyone here with my football  (he meant soccer, FUTBOL) skills. I'm getting better though. Ive been a little homesick but not tons. it rains quite a bit here and all the people are really nice, unless its game day then people wont talk to us cause Elder Hall has an Arsenal jersey on. That actually happened haha. One thing about missionary work that I never realized is that I can still be super chill with my companions and the members and stuff, we all joke around all the time and I thought it was all gonna be super serious and boring.  But yeah that's one of the stories I have. I need like 200£ for a bike on my card today so that would be nice. My favorite thing to read out here is 2 Nephi chapter 31.  It's my go to for almost everything. anyways that's all for now. "

This is what he wrote his mom:

Hey mamma. Its been a busy couple of days and I have had so much fun!!!! Church was awesome all the members are great. We've had the chance to talk to some non-active and recent converts. I don't know if dad told you but we play football a lot here. its kinda crazy, but at least I wont get fat or anything. all the stuff here is super cool but its wayyy different. I'm enjoying every minute of it. Me and my companion party all the time and its way fun!!! my companion wants some recipes. one recipe that we really need is buttermilk syrup. there is absolutely no maple syrup here is too sweet for the people here and we have this pancake mix with no syrup!!!!! so yeah we need that right away. also send any other recipes that you think we might like. also I want the recipe for green meat. We haven't had a chance to go tracting areas cause I don't have a bike yet so nothing too crazy in that area. there are lots of drunk people here in the evening too its quite funny actually. I think I'm getting an accent also I cant be sure casue I thought my companion had an accent and now he sounds normal sooooooo yeah I could be crazy. anyways that's about it really nothing too crazy has happened.
 
Love you!!!
Elder Jacob Winder






No comments:

Post a Comment