Translate
Sunday, August 10, 2014
Week 2
OH where to begin...Well first off I have had the time of my life here. It is like scripture college here and I'm enjoying every minute of it. I'll start off with the non serious stuff. So I told you I'm the district leader so everyone makes fun of me basically (with love) and we all pull pranks on each other. One Elder here named Elder Ashworth lives in Highland and is the greatest person to mess with. He basically reacts to everything the same way Mitch does except he has huge muscles so its scarier. We put packing peanuts in his bed. He does this thing where he just starts talking bible at us. Its not like from the bible he just puts random biblical words together and it is probably the greatest thing ever. I will try and send a video and some pics. Everyone in my district started out very hostile towards each other but one night we decided to have a spiritual meeting (no teachers around, half our class time we run the show) and we all became very close after that. I have learned so much and my favorite scripture that I've read probably 15 times now is 2 nephi 31-33. I teach so many lesson from these three chapters and its amazing how well the spirit works through us. So we had the chance to teach real people the same way we would teach in the field (if they were real investigators or not idk) but we got to teach Don a 68 year old man who was interrested in our church. At first when we were teaching we tried to learn as much about him as we could. He has had a very normal life I would say and it was easy to teach him the first lesson. Half the time after I would say something I would forget what I said after. We taught the doctrines of christ our 2nd to last time and I took the lead on that and I crushed it. The next lesson we had he accepted the invitation to be baptized. I love the MTC. Elder Ashworth gets like 3 packages a day and we all hate him for it! But its good stuff, he shares all the food cause he can not bring it with him so we are all really fat. I've been too scared to go weigh myself haha. well I cant think of anything else at the moment. so bye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment