Translate
Monday, September 8, 2014
Taught my First Discussion!
Yeah its been super hard. It feels like the whole world is against us but its whatever, whats the world compared to god. So mostly ive been struggling to just talk to people but a switch clicked in my head the other day and I could just talk to people and be casual about it so yeah that's a pretty good blessing.
Okayyyyyyyyy so you ready for this story? So me and Elder Hall decided hey lets go to a village we haven't been to before so we went to a little town called Ripley. We rode the bus there cause its so far and that was long and annoying, I hate public transportation. So we get there and we start talking to people and doing all the normal missionary stuff. and we decide to tract a random street. At this point I was really discouraged cause everyone was just kinda waving us off and not talking to us. So we tract this street and get 4 or 5 potentials!!! holy flip that just happened it was kinda crazy, tender mercies. On the way back to town centre we see this kid on top of this railing thing with a bike and hes about to ride down the stairs, so we stop to watch and he starts calling out to us so we cant here him so we go into this little courtyard and see there are more people in there. as we started talking to them we come to find out they are drug dealers and I was like flip this is not where I want to be, but they started asking us questions like if we drank or smoked or did drugs and stuff and we said no to everything and they couldn't believe us. one guy was like Wait are you guys Virgins? and we kinda looked at each other and said yeah. I thought he was gonna have a heart attack he couldn't believe what we were saying we never drank, smoked, did drugs, or had sex. he thought we were crazy. he was all like how on earth are you guys even happy how do you have any fun? It was so funny then more guys came over and we were basically cornered in this little courtyard with 10 drug dealers all of which had weapons which are illegal to carry in the UK. Then one oft hem was like what if I closed that gate and all of us just beat you to death then what? no onw would know where you are and they would never find you. at that point I thought, oh crap I need to get out of here. but after we left they were all cool and we thought they were hilarious. when we were walking away Elder Hall said flip our church is so organized, our parents would literally know we were missing the next morning and they would find our bodies so fast. crazy story right? Over the next couple days we got trial after trial again, elder hall got 4 punctures in 4 days on his tires soooooooo we couldn't get anywhere. I was getting a little discouraged again then out of no where we got a new investigator and I think 2 or 3 referals!!! I love blessings. anyways I cant even remember anything else that happened this week other than I taught my first lesson finally!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment